Spell Critical Chance and Multipler Analysis
The following table compares the improvement for each combination of Spell Chance (with Lore item) and Spell Multiplier enhancement, and also an Action Point efficiency, in DDO.
- As labeled in Column A, the rows indicates the different rank of Lineage (Spell Critical Chance) Enhancement
- Base - no Lineage enhancement
- Chance 1 - Rank 1 Enhancement, e.g. Sorcerer Lineage of Elements I
- Chance 2 - Rank 2 Enhancement, e.g. Sorcerer Lineage of Elements II
- Chance 3 - Rank 3 Enhancement, e.g. Sorcerer Lineage of Elements III
- Greater Lore - Rank 3 and equip with a Greater Lore item
- Superior Lore - Rank 3 and equip with a Superior Lore item
- As labeled in Row 1, the columns(A..L) indicates the different rank of Deadly Lineage (Spell Critical
Multiplier) Enhancement taken:
- Base - Column E & F - no Lineage enhancement
- Multiplier 1 - Column G & H - Rank 1 Enhancement, e.g. Sorcerer Lineage of Deadly Elements I
- Multiplier 2 - Column I & J - Rank 2 Enhancement, e.g. Sorcerer Lineage of Deadly Elements II
- Multiplier 3 - Column K & L - Rank 3 Enhancement, e.g. Sorcerer Lineage of Deadly Elements III
- Variables in Row 2 are defined in the Forumla tab.
- +C / C - increase/absolute-value in Critical Chance for each rank of Lineage
- +M / M - increase/absolute-value in Critical Multiplier for each rank of Lineage
- R - Spell Critical Rate that is defined and used as the main indiciator in this analysis. Refer to the formula tab for details.
- For example,
- Cell D4, G4, & H4 are 3%, 1.75, 0.80 respectively, it means, a caster with Lineage Rank 1 (+3% chance for 1.5 times damage) and Deadly Lineage Rank 1 (add 0.25 to damage multiplier), the overall critical chance is increased by 3% and the multiplier is 1.75, we have a rate of 0.80 to this combination.
- The R rate of different combination is directly comparable. e.g. from Chance 1 and Multiplier 1 to Chance 3 and Multiplier 3, the improvement is from 0.80 to 1.45, i.e. increased by 81.25%.
Comparing the right-most cells of greater and superior lore, it shows a Superior Lore item is better than a Greater Lore item by 15%. IMHO, it is not significant. My friends think it is fine to just switch their Lore items. To me, as I use multiple type of damage spells, I usually use just one Greater Arcane Lore item.
I personally don't concern about Action Point (AP) efficiency. If you want to make more damage, you simply has to throw in action points no matter it is efficient or not