Why make yet another puzzle solver?
The other puzzle solvers are technically great, but not the best in usability for DDO game playing. e.g. they use a drop down menu to choose options, require clicking on a solve button to see solution, need to click a button to switch between play/edit mode. For DDO game playing, we don't need a feature to create a new puzzle game but want the easiest (that roughly translates to minimum mouse movement and clicks) control to setup a puzzle as in the game, and see the solution.
How to use this puzzle solver?
Choose a layout, i.e. 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, circular or 5x4 Monastery
Setup the cells by
- left click on any cell to turn the light on/off
- double click on any cell to remove the cell (for Monastery)
- right click to simulate a move
After you have made any change, the configuration is checked automatically. If there is solution, the cells that you need to step on will be highlighted in yellow. Otherwise, a message will be shown at the bottom saying "no solution"
When all the cells are on, the whole puzzle will be highlighted in green
- Jaap's Puzzle Page - Lights Out
- Wikipedia - Lights Out (game)
- Lights Out Puzzle mathworld
- Java implementation
- How to solve Lights Out
- How to solve Lights Out puzzles
- Matrix Arithmetic
- Shroud Puzzle without a Solver - by Pathwalker
- The Shroud: How to solve each puzzle in part 3 - by eyepuppy
- solving down image - Tanka